MADE Cymru’s industry boosting short courses are ideal for employees who want to fit study around their work and home commitments. They have been specifically designed for manufacturers in Wales. The flexible courses are taught live and online on a Friday afternoon and all the lecturers are industry experts. We are lucky to have some fantastic students from different sectors and job roles already studying with us. And the feedback has been incredible, with organisations reporting the positive impacts the students are making on their businesses.
All courses are accredited by University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD).
James Davies, Executive Chairman at Industry Wales said: “Industry Wales is fully supportive of these courses. At a time of significant change and challenge for the Welsh manufacturing sector, this operation is both timely and critical. With an established track record in providing industry focused solutions, the MADE Cymru project at UWTSD is ideally placed to deliver such an operation.”
The courses available are:
Certificate Continuous Improvement with Industry 4.0 (Level 5)
Green Belt Six Sigma module:
- Six Sigma DMAIC Process; Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control.
- Process Flow, Voice of the Customer, Measurement Systems, Process Capability, Nelson’s Rules, Data Visualisation, Root Case Analysis, Design of Experiments and Risk Management etc.
- Effective application of these tools to support each phase of a Six Sigma project.
- Identification of relevant Industry 4.0 technologies to support Continuous Improvement.
- Integration of Industry 4.0 technologies for existing and legacy equipment
Group Project module:
- Deployment of Industry 4.0 technologies with Six Sigma disciplines in workplace-based projects.
- Introduction to Team Working methodologies, including team roles and responsibilities.
- Six Sigma Six Panel reporting methods and presentations.
- Fortnightly project tutorials with Continuous Improvement practitioners.
Certificate Smart Manufacturing with Industry 4.0 (Level 7)
Introduction to Industry 4.0 module:
- Lean thinking manufacturing strategies benefitting from Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Value Stream Mapping to identify potential economic impact technology.
- Potential benefits of Industrial Internet of Things.
- Smart manufacturing including Factory of the Future principles.
- The role of data, including impacts of cloud-based computing and cyber-security.
Advanced Industry 4.0 module:
- Applications of advanced technology including virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
- Identifying the benefits of ‘digital twin’ simulation.
- Elimination of inefficiencies using the ‘digital thread’.
- Systems leadership, governance and ethics of Industry 4.0 technologies.
Design for Industry 4.0 module:
- Generative Design and Optimisation techniques for Industry 4.0 manufacturing strategies.
- Design methodologies for Automated Assembly, Automated Dis-assembly etc.
- Quality of Design methodologies underpinning technology application.
- Value Analysis / Value Engineering to achieve economic benefit from Industry 4.0 technologies
Students study Introduction to Industry 4.0 and then select either the Advanced Industry 4.0 or Design for Industry 4.0 module.
Certificate Business Improvement with Innovation Management (Level 6/7*)
Introduction to Innovation Management module:
- Types of innovation management
- Managing uncertainty and risk
- Challenges and barriers
- Business drivers
- Technology drivers
- Measuring innovation
- Open innovation
Management of New Product Development module:
- Brand and product strategy
- Business models for product development
- Managing research and development
- Collaborative product development
- Circular economy
- Creating the product design specification
*Please check with us about which level you are eligible for (geographical restrictions apply).
MADE Cymru offers courses designed to upskill manufacturers in Wales. Part funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government. Delivered and certified by University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Make now the time to upskill. Send us an email [email protected] and we can send you more information or arrange a chat with one of the lecturers. We are looking forward to hearing from you.